Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • GeoSpatial Program • Traffic Design
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans found in the Department’s Six Year Improvement Program. Our statewide staff is organized into 9 construction districts which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation and training of policies, procedures, technical guidance as well as design and project management.
Our team of highway engineering professionals includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, geospatial program, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, CADD support, safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business and consultant contract administration.
- ProjectWise Access / Reset Password - September 2018
- L&D Central Office Organizational Chart - September 19, 2018
- Bentley Connection Client Pop Up - September 17, 2018
- Updated certification Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - September 12, 2018
- IIM-LD-258 - Virginia Stormwater Management Program and (VPDES Non-VDOT Projects) "New IIM"
- September 10, 2018
- The 2019 Advertisement and Bid Letting Dates has been updated in the Cut-off Schedules - August 23, 2018
- Updated certification Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - Rev. August 22, 2018
- IIM-LD-195 - Virginia Stormwater Management Program (Post-Construction) - August 3, 2018
- IIM LD-242 - Revisions have been made throughout this memorandum to update and clarify the VPDES Construction Permit Acquisition and Administration requirements for VDOT Projects. - August 3, 2018
- GEOPAK/OpenRoads & MicroStation classes available for Consultants and VDOT Employees - July 31, 2018