Customer Service Center: 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623)
Call VDOT's Customer Service Center at 1-800-367-7623 around the clock. TTY users can call 711.
- Report all unsafe and hazardous road conditions
- Report work requests for state-maintained roads
- Other VDOT questions
Note: VDOT does not fill potholes in cities, towns, or in Henrico and Arlington counties -- except for interstates and major primary roads within these jurisdictions.
For the latest road conditions, call 511.
Follow the links below for contact information:
- Central Office mailing address
- Online feedback form
- Media contacts
- Work requests
- Get and report road conditions
- Secretary of Transportation
- Commissioner of the Virginia Department of Transportation
- Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Local contacts
- Driver's license, license plate, and vehicle registration
- Order maps
- Web site comments and other issues
- Contract information
- State employee directory
Virginia Department of Transportation
1401 E. Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23219
VDOT believes in developing and maintaining solid media relations. The department has a strong team of public relations professionals ready to provide prompt and accurate information to the media and public.
- Media contact list
VDOT can help with culvert cleaning, pothole patching, water drainage, guard rail replacement, bridge work, signs, traffic lights, animal, tree or trash removal. Just submit a work request or call 800-367-ROAD (7623) (TTY users, call 711) for prompt assistance.
If you're aware of unsafe conditions or need information about the conditions of interstate and primary highways, call 511.
For questions or comments about road maintenance, construction or highway issues near you, call 800-367-7623. To report a road problem, go here.