Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions about Virginia Department of Transportation's (VDOT) procedures and processes.
- Ditching and mosquitoes
- Driver and vehicle licensing
- Getting a road built or improved
- Getting roads accepted for VDOT maintenance
- Getting roads paved
- Hampton Roads traffic cameras
- Hazardous materials
- High occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes
- Hauling permits
- Naming a highway or bridge
- Noise walls
- Scenic byway designation
- Six-Year Improvement Program
- Speed limits
- Traffic calming
- Traffic signals
- Transportation Alternatives Program
- What should I do if I find a traffic sign down?
- What should I do if I find a traffic light out?
Page last modified: Aug. 14, 2017