Consider a Career at VDOT
Keeps Virginia Moving
The statewide Recruitment Management System (RMS) was recently upgraded. Now, not only can you create, save and edit applications, you can also:
- Check the status of your online applications.
- Bookmark job postings of interest.
- Applications that existed prior to April 21, 2015 did not transfer to the new RMS.
- You are no longer able to check the status of your application online for positions you applied to prior to April 21, 2015.
- If you applied to a position prior to April 21, 2015 and received a confirmation email, we have your application and the recruitment process is currently under way. Should a review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted.
Thank you for your continued interest in the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
VDOT's workforce builds, maintains and operates the country’s third-largest highway system. Most importantly, we serve more than eight million residents!
There are plenty of opportunities to make your mark -- be it in the mountains, near the water or around great cities and interesting towns.
Learn about the benefits of working for us.
Come see VDOT representatives at the following events:
- Military Job Fair – July 22, 2015 Hampton, VA
- Soldier for Life Transition Career Fair – July 23, 205 Fort Lee, VA