Paula K. Jones 434-856-8176
April 10, 2015
PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING FOR ROUTE 29/460 DESIGN-BUILD PROJECT TO BE HELD
LYNCHBURG –Representatives of the City of Lynchburg and Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will join members of the Design-Build team for the Route 29/460 Interchange and Odd Fellows Road Extension project for a Public Information Meeting on Wednesday, April 15 from 5-7 p.m. at the City’s Information Technology Building at 3550 Young Place in Lynchburg.
The public information meeting is being held to provide groups or individuals an opportunity to learn more about the project. The meeting will be held in an open house format with a brief presentation, including roundabout design, taking place at 5:15 and 6:15 p.m.
The purpose of this project is to:
- Relieve the increasing congestion on Candler’s Mountain Road
- Re-route heavy trucks movements by providing industrial traffic with a more direct entry to the primary east/west and north/south arteries
- Reduce traffic volume on Mayflower Drive
- Attempt to reduce the number of accidents within the project corridor and surrounding vicinity
- Improve safety for pedestrians and cyclists within the project corridor
The project is being delivered through the Design-Build approach and the $29 million contract was awarded earlier this year to G.A. & F.C. Wagman, Inc.
Anyone requiring special assistance to attend and participate in this meeting may contact David Lyle at 1-804-631-0000 or TTY/TDD 711.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.