Paula K. Jones 434-856-8176
Sept. 15, 2016
APPOMATTOX COUNTY RAIL CROSSING WORK TO TAKE PLACE
LYNCHBURG —Motorists in Appomattox County may face delays and detours while work is taking place on several Norfolk-Southern (NS) Rail crossings beginning next week.
Contractors with NS have indicated that repair work will take place at the following crossings beginning Monday, September 19. The date and duration of each crossing closure have not been announced.
- Route 628 (Piney Ridge Road) near Pamplin
- Route 620 (Old Bethany Road) near Pamplin
- Route 633 (Spruce Drive) near Appomattox
- Route 727 (Church Street) in Appomattox
- Route 691 (Court Street) in Appomattox
- Route 674 (Depot Lane) in Spout Springs, two crossing locations
Signs and other traffic control devices will alert motorists to these closures.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.