Mike Murphy 703-259-1757
March 10, 2017
Route 27/110 Overnight Closures Rescheduled
Full closures up to 30 minutes for bridge deck demolition, girder removal
ARLINGTON – Intermittent full closures lasting up to 30 minutes each during overnight hours at Route 27 (Washington Boulevard) and Route 110 for demolition of the remaining original bridge deck have been rescheduled due to weather, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
The closures will now occur each night between midnight and 4 a.m. as detailed below:
- Monday, March 13 – Saturday, March 18: Southbound Route 110
- Monday, March 20 – Saturday, March 25: Ramp from westbound Route 27 to the Pentagon, and the ramp from the Pentagon to westbound Route 27
In addition, intermittent full closures lasting up to 30 minutes each will occur the following nights between midnight and 4 a.m. to remove the original bridge girders:
- Friday, March 24, Saturday, March 25 and Monday, March 27: Ramp from eastbound Route 27 to northbound Route 110
- Monday, March 27 and Tuesday, March 28: Northbound Route 110
- Wednesday, March 29 and Thursday, March 30: Southbound Route 110
- Friday, March 31 and Saturday, April 1: Ramp from westbound Route 27 to the Pentagon, and the ramp from the Pentagon to westbound Route 27
Drivers should expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes. All work is weather permitting.
The work is part of the Route 27 over Route 110 project, which is scheduled for completion in spring 2018.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.