Dawn Eischen (804) 524-6179
Sept. 1, 2006
ROAD CONDITION UPDATE
Sept. 1, 8 p.m.
The following list is the best estimate of road conditions as of 8 p.m. Additional changes to this list are expected. The next update will be sent at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow unless conditions warrant an update sooner.
RICHMOND METRO AREA
- Update: I-195 north at Broad Street exit – right lane closed due to high water. Crews pumping water from the road. Lanes will remain closed until the rainfall subsides.
- HIGH PROFILE – E. Hundred Road (Route 10 eastbound) at the Appomattox River closed due to high water. Motorists are being detoured to Hopewell via I-295 south. Expect delays.
- New: Genito Road westbound closed at the Powhatan/Chesterfield County line due to a downed tree. Expect major delays.
- New: Buford Road closed between Mayflower Drive and North Providence Road due to high water.
- New: Monza Drive closed near Hopkins Road due to a downed tree and power line.
- New: Hopkins Road closed between Thurston Road and Alfaree Road due to high water.
- Newbys Bridge Road closed between Dorton Way and Walmsley Boulevard due to a downed tree and power line.
- Selwood Road closed due to downed tree and power line.
- Creek Side Drive closed between Bon View Drive and Whittington Drive due to high water.
- New: Route 615 (Creighton Rd.) closed in both directions due to high water.
- New: Route 627 (Meadowbridge Rd.) is closed due to a downed tree.
- New: I-95 south at mile marker 95, right lane blocked due to downed tree.
- Update: Route 665 between Route 626 and Route 666 closed due to a power line across the road. CLEAR
- Route 622 closed due to high water.
- New: Route 615 (Glebe Ln.) between Route 612 and Route 5 closed due to a downed tree and power line.
- New: Route 672 between Route 603 and Route 775 closed due to high water.
- New: Route 606 east (Oak Grove Rd.) between Route 605 (Spain Rd.) and Route 622 (Providence Rd.) closed due to high water.
- New: Golf Course Road closed due to high water.
- Route 624 (Coleman Lake Rd.) between Rt. 460 and Rt. 613 closed due to high water.
- Route 622 (Baltimore Rd.) between Rt. 460 and the Amelia County line closed due to high water.
- Route 694 (Old Pine Rd.) from Rt. 622 to the dead end closed due to high water.
- New: Rest area on I-64 east at mile marker 169 closed due to power outage.
- Route 624 closed due to road washout.
- New: Rest area on I-64 west at mile marker 213 closed due to power outage.
- Update: Route 60 west, right lane closed at Long Bridge Road at the Five Lakes subdivision entrance, downed tree and high water. CLEAR
- Route 608 closed due to high water.
- New: Route 607 (Butler Branch Rd.) between Route F122 and Route 622 closed due to high water.
- New: Route 612 between Route 611 and Route 616 closed due to high water.
To report trees down, flooded roads or for the latest road closures throughout the state, contact VDOT’s Highway Helpline at 1-800-367-ROAD or log on to VDOT’s Web site.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.