Intersection Improvements at Route 199 and Brookwood Drive
|James City County|
Project at a Glance
March 5, 2018
Est Completion Date
Henry S. Branscome, LLC
Hampton Roads Public Affairs
To increase vehicle capacity and alleviate traffic congestion during peak traffic times at the intersection of Route 199 (Humelsine Parkway) and Brookwood Drive in James City County, the following improvements will be completed:
Widening of Brookwood Drive:
The current lane configuration on Brookwood Drive at the intersection of Route 199 consists of one left turn-through lane and one right turn lane. This project will convert the existing right turn lane onto Route 199 east to a left-turn/through lane, as well as add a new right-turn lane on Brookwood Drive onto Route 199 east.
Once completed, the new lane configuration on Brookwood Drive will consist of one dedicated left-turn lane, one left-turn/through lane and one dedicated right-turn lane onto Route 199.
- Median modifications on Route 199
- Signal head replacement at the intersection
- Drainage improvements
- Left turn/through lane closure from Brookwood Drive onto Route 199 west on May 23-24, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. for median work.
- Left turn lane closure from Route 199 east to Holly Hills on May 21-25, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for median work.
- Alternating lane closure as needed on Brookwood Drive to Route 199 east on May 21-25, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for paving and striping.
The $358,000 construction contract was awarded to Henry S. Branscome, LLC, of Williamsburg, VA on November 16, 2017.
A notice to proceed construction was issued to the contractor on Monday, March 5, 2018, with an estimated completion date of mid-summer 2018.
If you'd like to be added to receive any potential project updates, send a request to hamptonroadspublicinfo@VDOT.virginia.gov with "Subscribe to Route 199 at Brookwood Drive Project Updates" in the subject line.