Park and Ride Lot Inventory and Usage Study
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) conducted a statewide Park and Ride Lot study over 18 months, from March 2011 to December 2012.
The major initiatives of this study were to:
- Conduct a statewide inventory of existing Park & Ride lots
- Identify recommendations for new, expanded or closed lots
- Update/reconstruct the VDOT Park and Ride Lot web site
- Enhance VDOT’s statewide Park & Ride Lot program
- Improve coordination with the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transit (DRPT)
- Improve awareness of and public outreach for Park & Ride lots
The study team consisted of VDOT representatives; a consultant team composed of:
and a study advisory group derived of various staff from DRPT, localities, and rideshare and transit agencies.
Findings and Deliverables
- Park and Ride_Project_Approach (460 KB)
- Best Practices Guide (1 MB)
- Procedures_Manual (3 MB)
- Vision (520 KB)
- Marketing_Plan (472 KB)
For questions or additional information, contact Liz McAdory.