Report a Road Problem
Customer Service Center:
Call VDOT's Customer Service Center at 1-800-367-7623 around the clock. TTY users can call 711.
- Report all unsafe and hazardous road conditions
- Report work requests for state-maintained roads
- Other VDOT questions
For the latest road conditions, please call 511 from any telephone in Virginia.
Online Work Request
VDOT does not perform maintenance in cities, towns, or in Henrico and Arlington counties – except for interstates and major primary roads within these jurisdictions.
Use this form to report non-emergency work requests for state maintained roads. If your request is a road hazard that needs immediate attention, please call 1-800-367-7623.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) provides services such as:
- Filling potholes
- Drainage cleaning
- Water drainage
- Guard rail replacement
- Bridge work
- Traffic lights
- Animal, tree and debris removal from roadway
- Please submit a separate report for each request.
- Requests submitted online will be reviewed within 72 hours.