Professional Services Procurement
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) procures professional services contracts for transportation projects through competitive negotiation, a selection method defined in the VPPA §2.2-4300 and in accordance with the most current professional services procurement manual.
These services are primarily procured by the following divisions:
- Alternative Project Delivery
- Location and Design
- Right of Way and Utilities
- Structure and Bridge
- Traffic Engineering
- Transportation and Mobility Planning
Questions and comments about the program should be sent to Tracy Wood at Tracy.Wood@VDOT.Virginia.gov.
November 2, 2023 - Consultant Construction Engineering and Inspection Vehicles
VDOT has updated the Advance Agreement for Consultant Construction Engineering and Inspection Vehicle Payment, superseding IIM-CD-2017-02.01.
June 1, 2023 – Professional Services Contract Escalation Rate for Fiscal Year 2024
February 16, 2023 - Updated VDOT Travel Procedures
The VDOT Travel Procedures have been updated effective February 9, 2023. Those agreements which require travel reimbursement conform to the most current VDOT travel procedures must meet the requirements of this document. Questions regarding the application of travel procedures should be directed to the designated VDOT contract administrator.
May 5, 2023 - Instructional and Informational Memorandum (IIM)
VDOT has issued the following memorandum to address DBE and SWaM credit on Federal Aid Projects.
May 1, 2023 - Consultant Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) - Inspection Classification Hourly Rate Pay Limitations
VDOT has updated the CEI Inspection Classification Hourly Rate Pay Limitations per the details of the following memorandum:
This memorandum supersedes the one dated August 17, 2022, which can be reviewed below.
March 28, 2023 - Modification of the Manual for Procurement and Management of Professional Services
VDOT is modifying the Manual for Procurement & Management of Professional Services. The details regarding the changes can be found here.
July 15, 2022 – Manual for the Procurement & Management of Professional Services
Effective July 15, 2022, the latest version of the Manual for the Procurement and Management of professional Services is approved and available for use. The link below is to the revised manual.
Manual for the Procurement and Management of Professional Services
The 2017 Version of the Professional Services Manual is included at the following link: Manual for the Procurement and Management of Professional Services 2017
A summary of the revisions is included at the following link: 2017 - 2022 Summary of Revisions
June 24, 2019 – VDOT Consultant Procurement to Implement Bid Express (Effective July 1, 2019)
Effective July 1, 2019, VDOT will begin utilizing Bid Express by InfoTech, Inc. for the procurement of professional engineering consultant services. After June 30, 2019, VDOT will no longer accept Expressions of Interest (EOIs) via ProjectWise.
Notifications of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) will continue to be advertised on VDOT’s Consultant Procurement website, as well as through eVA, which will direct firms to Bid Express.
Registration for Bid Express is at no cost to consultants, and is required in order to view and respond to RFPs.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If your firm participated in the test procurement, the registration was for the demo/testing site only, not the live production site. In order to view and respond to VDOT Consultant Procurement RFPs, firms must register on the live production site, (https://www.bidexpress.com).
Additional resources are provided below:
- Upcoming consultant contracts
- Request for proposals
- Shortlisted and selected firms
- Terms and Conditions - Memorandum of Agreement 01/23
- RFP Attachment A: Key Personnel Resume Updated 10/28/2021
- RFP Attachment B: Key Personnel Active Assignment Table Updated 10/28/2021
- RFP Attachment C: Relevant Project Examples
- Class Groupings with Working Titles Rev. 09/29/2023
- Pre-Award Staffing Roster Rev. 09/29/2023
- PSPO-203 Wage Rate Certification Rev. 01/11/2022
- PSPO-204 NSDC Rev. 01/11/2022
- Staff Personnel Change Roster Rev. 10/06/2023
- e-Procurement (eVA)
- State Corporation Commission - Entity Search
- State Corporation Commission - Homepage
- Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
- Assurance & Compliance Office
- Civil Rights Division
- Construction Division Consultant Contract Documentation
Professional Services Contract Escalation Rate Memos
- eVA registration requirement
- VDOT process for securing professional services
- Ban on smoking in state offices and vehicles
- FHWA order 4470.01A (PDF, 398 KB)
- Memo - Regulation compliance for professional services (PDF, 31 KB)
SWAM / DBE