The Virginia Department of Transportation's (VDOT) Local Assistance Division develops policy and provides guidance for special funding programs and other programs that impact work performed by localities, and serves as a liaison to local governments. The division also:
- Manages several special funding programs
- Manages urban roadway inventory and system changes
- Manages the local assistance payments program
- Provides policy oversight and guidance for locally administered projects
- Provides outreach and training for local programs
***Email Update Sign-up***
VDOT’s Local Assistance Division offers email notifications when we update our web pages. Sign up to be notified when we post revised guidance, letters to local governments or training opportunities. Sign up!
- IIJA Letter of Support Requests is now available to support requests relative to IIJA Discretionary Grants.
- The Final Rule reclassifying (or “uplisting”) the Northern Long-Eared Bat (NLEB) from “threatened” to “endangered” under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) was published on November 30, 2022 and is expected to become effective on January 30, 2023. Click here to read more.
- The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) State Trails office is developing a statewide trail plan. As the planning process gets underway, the STO is engaging with stakeholders and the public. We ask that you participate in this initial short survey and provide your contact information so that we may engage with you throughout the process.